cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Illustrate animation annotations grayed out

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Creo Illustrate animation annotations grayed out

I have an issue with Creo Illustrate 3.0 that is annoying more so than fatal!

After producing any animation which contains annotations, never more than 20 or so annotations per file, I can export the file and save it as a .wmv as usual. No problem.

My issue is that when I go back to the original file, I find that a lot, but not all of the annotations and Markup 1's appear grayed out in the Key Editor. This means that I have to redo those particular grayed out entries if I need to edit the original file. It is very time consuming to have to re-invent the wheel every time I need to edit a file to produce another animation.

I have had some helpful feedback from PTC regarding this issue but hasn't fixed the problem. I was told to rename the User Preference file in the Application Data, which I did, but the issue remains. This is an example of what I am seeing...

Capture.JPG

Perhaps someone has come across this issue and has a fix? Any help or assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks...

5 REPLIES 5
mcaruthers
12-Amethyst
(To:bwhelan)

Brian,

I've experienced this also.  Additionally, I have components in my assembly that will randomly relocate and reorient from there originally place location and orientation during animation playback.  Have you experienced this at all?  This is driving me nuts!

Brian,

I've experienced this also.  I was unsuccessful at getting an answer or resolution from PTC for this issue.  Additionally, I have components in my assembly that will randomly relocate and reorient from their originally placed location and orientation during animation playback.  Have you experienced this at all?  This is driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Myon

bwhelan
12-Amethyst
(To:mcaruthers)

Hi Myon,

I approached the issue from another PTC direction. I am now using Creo Illustrate 3.1 and most (but not all!) of the issues have been eliminated. I had to re-assess the way that I produced animations also because I was seeing the same issues as you, especially with annotations. I find that you have to be very careful in picturing the way that these additional items appear in 3D space. What might look to be in a certain location in one view may suddenly become a very different location when running the animation!

Other functional issues such as the ones that we both seem to be experiencing "should" be cleared up with the release of Creo Illustrate 4.0, or so I have been led to believe....

Hope this sort of helps Myon?

regards,

Brian

mcaruthers
12-Amethyst
(To:bwhelan)

Thanks Brian.  I am also using Illustrate 3.1.  Yet, I am still encountering grayed out annotations in the Keyframe Editor.

When you say that you were experiencing the same issues, are you referring also to the random relocation and reorientation of components during animation playback?

As far as annotation relocation, I'm seeing this during playback of the animation.  I can place the annotation (specifically, Note with Leader) with no other component rotation or translation occurring and things are fine...until playback.  Was this your experience?

Thank you,

Myon

bwhelan
12-Amethyst
(To:mcaruthers)

Hi Myon,

Thankfully, I have not experienced the random relocation of components during animation playback that you have experienced. But what I do definitely experience is the Note with Leader issue to an extent. I find that unless you can either keep the leader lines very short, it can be sometimes very hard to judge the Note placement in "space". What may look fine with the original Note placement can result in the Note actually existing at some distance from the item or component when viewed from another plane and the Leader lines being extremely long!

I have overcome this, sort of, by placing the Note/Leader line where I think it is relatively near the component, then rotating the view in all planes to ensure its correct placement, dragging the Note to a more suitable location if required. But I had become that frustrated with this anomaly that I just end up not using Note with Leaders where possible, instead just placing a plain Note near the component in question; this normally solves the issue!

It is all a big steep learning curve, Myon....!

Regards,

Brian

Top Tags