cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo Illustrate production instructions examples

Lalitkumar
3-Visitor

Creo Illustrate production instructions examples

Hello,

We are preparing 2D production drawings using Creo 2.0 as shop floor manufacturing information.

Workshop drawings are supplemented by long and boring texts called standard workshop manufacturing instructions.

I believe it's a pretty classic way of production documentation in manufacturing industry.

As I understand, Creo Illustrate is an attempt to change all that by helping designers prepare production instructions in 3D or a lively 2D format. I am not sure if outlput of illustrate is a paper printable document or an electronic screen video with interactive possibilities?

My questions are:

1) How illustrate data can be organised? The files remain in Creo 3D model's local folder or in Windchill? In case of modification in Creo part data, is it possible to set up an windchill work-flow to update illustrate instructions?

2) Can we create printable pages like creo drawings in standard company A4 format with part list on each page. The aim would be to prepare sBOM (Service BOM) based on eBOM by reorgansing parts, adding consumable parts, tools into subassemblies (one subassembly for each page).

3) Would it be possible to generate reusable small modules of specific instructions such as assembling fan on a motor and then reuse these modules for different assembly instructions.

4) I am interested in looking at a real world example, if anybody has prepared such production instructions with Creo Illustrate.

Thanks in advance

Lalit

4 REPLIES 4

Lalit,

contact your PTC VAR and request Creo Illustrate demonstration.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi,

See interactive Creo Illustrate tour here: http://www.ptc.com/products/creo-illustrate-tour/

Hello Lalit,

We have worked with several customers who have the same needs as you. The usual approach is to link the original 3D CAD model to Creo Illustrate (File -> Import -> Link), so that changes in the original are reflected in the Creo Illustrate file. Within Creo Illustrate you can create several Figures with different views/subassemblies/BOMs/etc. You can output each different figure to a variety of formats (.gif, .jpg, etc) or publish the entire set as a .pvz file.

Then use PTC Arbortext Editor to create reusable small modules of specific instructions, then create a map with links to the specific modules and publish the resulting map to a variety of outputs: pdf, html, epub, etc using PTC Arbortext Publishing Engine.

Good luck.

Hello Lalit,

have the suggestions helped you?

(if yes, maybe you want to mark answers as helpful / correct accordingly?)

Top Tags