cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Illustrate vs Lattice 3D for Assemvbly Intructions

ocorten-2
9-Granite

Creo Illustrate vs Lattice 3D for Assemvbly Intructions

Hi,

What are your experiences with regards to creating 3D (and 2D) assembly instructions?

We are looking for a way to create CAD driven assembly instructions in clearly defined steps.

Here internally I have a Lattice3D fan who is really pushing forward with it.
My gut feeling tells me we should go for Creo Illustrate considering we will be on Windchill PDMLink one day.
But the demo he has seen so far did not impress him.

Does anybody have a list of the pros and cons of Creo illustrate versus Lattice3D?

Lattice3D adverts with their highly compressed XVL format.
How does that compare to the compressed ProductView format?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten | CAD/PLM Manager

Besi Netherlands B.V. | Ratio 6| 6921RW Duiven| The Netherlands
T: +31 26 3196215 | M: +31 644548554
- | www.besi.com

Confidentiality Notice:
This Email, and any attachments, may contain internal or confidential information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly. If this Email has been misdirected, please notify the author immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the information contained in it or attached, and all copies must be deleted immediately.

1 REPLY 1

Olaf,

I am just starting to look at Creo Illustrate myself. Currently we take PDF output and read that into Corel and create the documentation there. It is a bit clunky but works. I will have to look up Lattice3D and see what it does.

Thanks for the posting. I will let you know if I find anything interesting.

Ronald B. Grabau
HP PDE-IT
Roseville, CA
916-785-3298
-<">mailto:->

Top Tags