cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo View 3.0 preferences and customization

Duplo
4-Participant

Creo View 3.0 preferences and customization

Hello everyone,

I' m realy struggeling with the customization of creo view 3.0 for our users. For the preferences I'm using the *pref.xml files like shared_pred.xml.

But how do I get the pvlite_customization.ui shared for the clients?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:Duplo)

There is a rather detailed article about configuring the UI of Creo View 3.0 - maybe it helps:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS152679

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gkoch
1-Newbie

There is a rather detailed article about configuring the UI of Creo View 3.0 - maybe it helps:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS152679

Duplo
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

Thank you so much for the link, it helped me so much. But can you help me once again please?

If you want the .xml and .ui files to be located at a shared location you name them (in my case for pvlite)

shared_cust_pvlite.ui

shared_prefs_xml

and put them at a shared location. But how do I tell CreoView where this shared directory is? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance again for helping me,

Fred

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Frederik,

I guess that you have to copy .xml and .ui files from shared directory to local disk before you start Creo View.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Duplo
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hmm, that doesn't make any sense to me. That way I can also copy the admin files, what I do right now. I thought the shared files can be loaded directly by creo view, but well again I've been tought better.

Thank you Martin.

llie
16-Pearl

There is actually a couple ways you can accomplish this.

1. Create a start up script for Creo View 3 on the users desktops that copies the .xml and .ui from the shared drive each time it is launched just like it can be done in Creo Parametric.

2. These file scan also be pushed out through Windchill. I don't know how you would control who gets a Creo View Lite files compared to Creo View MCAD.

Lance

gkoch
1-Newbie

Unfortunately my knowledge of Creo View is very limited (just good enough so I do not misspell Kreyo Few).

But I can search !

I think in the article the reference to the location is in these lines:

This preference defines the source of the admin UI customization file

Values:
admin - get admin customization file from same directory as admin preferences xml file
server - get admin customization file from Windchill in the same place as server preferences xml file
shared - get admin customization file from shared cache is same place as shared cache preferences xml file

Now someone just needs to tell us, how the location of the preferences xml file is defined...

The only other article I found regarding these locations, is this one for Creo View 2.0:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS32479

However, it is missing shared prefs!

From context, I would guess it is defined somehow by the Windchill installation, similar to the location for server prefs, but this is - as said - guessing.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:gkoch)

Speaking of Search...has anybody tried to place a "SearchQueryDict.xml" file on the server for all users to use? I don't see this in any documents. Advanced search criteria is saved into this xml file. I'm seeing benefits of having pre-defined searches available to the users. A good example is finding all cad objects without a "weight" value filled in.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:BillRyan)

Bill,

I am actually presenting at PTC Live Global on this topic. It is a great tool and can be used to determine what parts of an assembly are at a certain lifecycle state, if they contain hazardous material, etc...

sven
7-Bedrock
(To:BillRyan)

Hi,

... see also https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS104066&art_lang=en&posno=2&q=SearchQueryDict&source=search!

You can also reference any own XML File or put in the Search Definitions directly in the admin_/server_prefs.xml Files...

Directly:

<preferences>

<category name="GUI">

<category name="SearchQuery">

<preferenceList name="DictList">

<preferenceItem>

<query_dictionary>

<simple_query query_name="150326-In Arbeit" query_scope="0" query_multi_id="1" query_domain="mcad" >

</query_dictionary>

</preferenceItem>

</preferenceList>

</category>

</category>

. . .

. . .

</preferences>

As an File refernce

<preferenceItem>

<preference name="FilePath" value="file:///<LOADPOINT/my_admin_SearchQueryDict.xml"/>

</preferenceItem>

Top Tags