cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo View Command-line switches?

mbraaten
7-Bedrock

Creo View Command-line switches?

Does anyone know where to find a list of command-line switches for Creo View (pview.exe -<something>)? I want to open a Creo view file and view an illustration in the file automatically.

4 REPLIES 4
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mbraaten)

Would this document be of help?

CS25650 : Creo View: PVIEW_BATCH Command-line Syntax is Not Currently Documented.

mbraaten
7-Bedrock
(To:gkoch)

I saw this in the KB. It will help with batch printing, not viewing.

sjacks
4-Participant
(To:mbraaten)

I also have been hoping for more of the viewing (not printing) information.  I had even once replied to the feedback box at the corner of the CS document.

I opened a call with tech support and got this reply:

R&D confirmed this is a design flaw. As it stands right now, there is no way to open figures of a published 3D illustration in Creo View using the command line. Typically all you’ll have to do is type pview <name of file> and that will open it automatically.

We raised a high severity SPR and it looks like we may have made it in time to roll out in the next Creo View release.

So, there is no way to do what you are asking right now, but that will be changing with the next release.

Looks like we may get some help on this.

Top Tags