cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo View Question

jmay
4-Participant

Creo View Question

Can someone tell me how and when creo publishes information to creo view? We tend to have issues viewing old drawings in creo view and im wondering if thats a backwards compatability issue with windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:jmay)

One needs to set up WVS (Windchill Visualization Services) which is sort of a factory to generate "viewables" (publishing) which can be viewed in Creo View, accessed from the CAD Document or WTPart (or if implemented, Word documents).

WVS can be set to publish automatically on check in or when a user selects, or other ways.

At Site, Utilities, Worker Agent Administration relates to this.  The "Worker" is an instance of the CAD tool (Creo, SW, etc.).  The process creates a workspace on the server, downloads all needed files to the workspace using AS_STORED, and regenerates all, then outputs a thumbnail image and viewable (and optionally STEP, etc.).

Optionally, Windchill identification (current state) can be overlaid on the image displayed in Creo VIew (e.g. of a drawing) using WVS watermarking.

You can force deletion of all existing viewables and republishing of all from command line (I did this a few times with smaller clients, in order to use an updated recipe file).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

One needs to set up WVS (Windchill Visualization Services) which is sort of a factory to generate "viewables" (publishing) which can be viewed in Creo View, accessed from the CAD Document or WTPart (or if implemented, Word documents).

WVS can be set to publish automatically on check in or when a user selects, or other ways.

At Site, Utilities, Worker Agent Administration relates to this.  The "Worker" is an instance of the CAD tool (Creo, SW, etc.).  The process creates a workspace on the server, downloads all needed files to the workspace using AS_STORED, and regenerates all, then outputs a thumbnail image and viewable (and optionally STEP, etc.).

Optionally, Windchill identification (current state) can be overlaid on the image displayed in Creo VIew (e.g. of a drawing) using WVS watermarking.

You can force deletion of all existing viewables and republishing of all from command line (I did this a few times with smaller clients, in order to use an updated recipe file).

jmay
4-Participant
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thank you for your reply I apologize for not replying myself.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

John,

Could you mark Mike's valuable information to this post as correct answer?

jmay
4-Participant
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Yes,

My apologies Mike i didnt realize that was something i needed to follow up with.

Top Tags