cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

CreoView in a Citrix enviremont

boemi
12-Amethyst

CreoView in a Citrix enviremont

Hello Community

Does anybody has experience running CreoView 2.0 in a Citrix enviremont?

In our company we do have two plants working with Citrix, and we need a solution.

CreoView on Citrix is not supported but that means not that it does not run....

Any experience or solutions?

Regards,

Marc

4 REPLIES 4
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:boemi)

Sorry, I don't have any solutions but am curious. What is the file type extension you plan on opening in Creo View? Creo View can open many formats, but the true benefit of "collaboration", "security" and "optimize Network" would be ideally realized with PVZ, PVS, or OL type formats which are integrated and published on a Windchill server.

boemi
12-Amethyst
(To:BillRyan)

Hello Bill

Thanks for your response.

I was watching your webinar yesterday about design reviews, interesting stuff,

that covers a lot of our vision....

We use Windchill 10.1 (upgrade from Intralink 9.1) and use it actually only for CAD data management.

We do have manually plotarchives with a viewer and now we would like move to CreoView (70% of the data already with Creo inside PDMLink) --> There are also other transition we must go through but thats a long way.

In 3 plants we have local installations of software, but in two plants they use Citrix as a base enviremont for the whole OS. The actual viewer runs on this plattform (imagination).

I know that PTC actually does not support CreoView on Citrix, but I heard that Customers out there have this solution....

Perhaps there is somebody who shares his solution with us.

Coming back to your question, we would like to automatically generate viewables, pdfs.

This step will improve our system speed also within CreoParametric --> lightweight graphics.
You made really good examples in your webcast!

Hope we can stay in contact.

Regards,

Marc

boemi
12-Amethyst

Hello Community

Nobody outside using CreoView with Citrix?

Regards,

Marc

Duplo
4-Participant

Hey Marc,

we are using CreoView with Citrix. It is running stable on the Terminal Server. The only problem we have so far is the same you have when you try to run CreoView on a Local Machine without grapic drivers. The result is a frequently upcoming reload of the part.

Couldn't fix it so far. It is not realy useful this way.

Regards,

Fred

Top Tags