cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dimensions in sketch mode of creo 3

lmeding
1-Newbie

Dimensions in sketch mode of creo 3

I have installed the Creo 3 student version. But i get no dimensions in sketch mode. Someone has got a solution for my problem or is this a restriction of the student version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can tell if it's a graphics issue by putting this line in your config.pro:

graphics win32_gdi

If the issue goes away with that setting, it's an issue with your graphics card.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:lmeding)

It is most likely a graphics card problem or graphics card driver problem.

What computer, OS version, graphics card, are you using?

to dschenken:

I use WIN10 with an old Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600Prozessor and a HD5450 graphic Card.

I think i will update my hardware the next month.

to MartinHanak:

in the evening i will make a picture. If i start to sketch i could not see any dimensions. In the Option menue normaly it is possible to activate an Option to see dimensions in sketch mode. But i my case there is no such Option.

to David Haigh:

i will try your hint at the evening

Hi,

please publish pictures reporting your problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

You can tell if it's a graphics issue by putting this line in your config.pro:

graphics win32_gdi

If the issue goes away with that setting, it's an issue with your graphics card.

Hallo,

seems to work.....why ever. I wrote your config.pro changes in even all config.pro i found in the ptc folder......

After that it works. But i do not understand why, because the option to activate dimensions was missing......there was no direct problem with the dimensions.

Thanks

Another flakey issue with Pro-E . I've had this problem as well. The fix was to go to: File, Options, Configuration Editor, go down to the "Find" button at the bottom of the menu and type "dimensions" in the field and click "find now" You will see "Sketcher_disp__dimensions" as a result, Click it and then close without saving change. Voilà, your sketcher dimensions magically appear.

missing dimensions in sketcher.JPG

That's an odd option to have. It's like a software editor that has an option to not display variables in the source code.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

It's a toggle. You can turn off visibilty of the dimensions, constraints, vertices, and grid under the view tab when in sketcher or in the ribbon under setup display when in an internal sketch.

Gives the impression of free sketching without constraints or dimensions for the free spirit types.

dim-toggle.jpg

toggle2.jpg

Top Tags