I'm sure there are easy ways of doing the following, but they're eluding me:
1. How can I determine the distance between two points or a point and a line (both x/y/z displacement and absolute distance)?
2. How can I determine the dimensions of a bounding box around a part or assembly?
Thanks in advance!
Did you try to use new illustration tools "Measurements" in Creo Illustrate 2.0? More information can be found here:
Tried your suggestion with limited success!
1. Distance measurements generally worked, though I usually had to select the first measurement item, select the second one, then select the first one again before the measurement appeared.
2. Angle measurements worked as expected.
3. Diameter or Radius did not work on our "c3di" files made from ".prt" and ".asm: files. However, I tried using a "c3di" file made from an ".IGS" file, and Diameter and Radius worked perfectly. I wonder if there's something to our files!
4. I was able to easily create a bounding box around a part, several parts, or an assembly, but I was unable to measure the sides of the box.
Thanks so far!