cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Don't use single letter as mapkeys,please,please,please

epxkle
5-Regular Member

Don't use single letter as mapkeys,please,please,please

Dear PTC,

Don't use single letter as mapkeys,please.Even since CREO4.0,by default ,a letter is used as a mapkey ,such as,in Parametric ,your use X as the mapkey for Extrude .Because you used "X" and ranked the first ,so I can't use  a combination of X prefixes,for example, "XA" or "XX". When I press down "X" ,creo4 running the "X" program ,not running the "XA" or  "XX" .And ,you can only fitting 26 (from a to z) mapkeys .If you can use 2 letters as mapkeys ,A lot of combinations !

Like me ,I use "cs"  as the mapkey for Extrude ,WHY? C=creat  S=solid , such as ,"rs" r=rotate  s=solid ,"sg"=sketch line ,but I don't use "L" ,because ,L is on the right hand ,thinking ,Wubi input method,G=horizontal ,so ,"g" instead of "L" ;such as "hh"= hide ,"bh"=back hide ,etc. If you need, I will upload me more mapkeys .All on the left hand ,Looking forward to your reply.

ths!

您好,PTC

请不要使用一个字母做为CREO的快捷键。从CREO4开始就有一个字母作为快捷键。你们使用了X做为拉伸的快捷键,我们就不能使用X开头的组合,比如:XA or XX。因为当X按下时就执行了X的拉伸操作,而不会执行XA或XX。这样仅仅能设置26个快捷键,因为有26个字母。如果使用2个字母就有更多的组合。

我使用CS做为拉伸的快捷键,因为C=creat创建 S=solid固体,cs=创建实体。rs=旋转实体    SG=草绘直线,但是为什么不用L?L=Line,因为L在右手键盘上,而五笔输入法中的G代表“横”的意思,“横”=直线,所以曲解成SG=草绘直线。H=HIDE HH就是隐藏  BH=显示。如果大家感兴趣,我将上传更多的快捷键。全是设置在左手。

谢谢!

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:epxkle)

Mapkeys are generated by the user (or the company), not PTC. PTC allows you to create single letter mapkeys if you want. It also allows you to create multiple letter mapkeys. If you don't like single letter mapkeys, don't make them as single letter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:StephenW)

Actually, he's correct.  Creo 4 mapped a bunch of commands to single letters.  If you previously had mapkeys that started with those letters they no longer work.  There is a way to turn these hotkeys off but it has to be done on a user by user basis.  Very frustrating.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)
epxkle
5-Regular Member

yes,Very frustrating.XX.png

epxkle
5-Regular Member

yes,Very frustrating.

XX.png