cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Extrude problem in Creo Academic

torme
4-Participant

Extrude problem in Creo Academic

I'm a beginner.  I trying to learn Creo so I can teach it to 5-11 Grade students in Russia.

I'm trying to make a 3D model to illustrate xyz plane concept as top, front, right concept.

xyz planes.png

As you can see, the front plane is not flush with right plane.  Once I've gotten an all gray OK'ed model I can't seem to get it back into a modify mode so I can correct this mistake.

7 REPLIES 7
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:torme)

Not being able to open an academic version or see the model tree.  It is hard to tell how you made it.  However, as you are fairly new to CREO, have you tried selecting the feature in the tree, right clicking, and select Edit Definition.  The only other thing I can think of that would prevent editing is if the features have been locked, which is something I would not expect a beginner to know how to do.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Simply un-shade the model, & your feature dimensions will become visible again when you try to modify them. Alternatively, if you shade/render your model with edges displayed, dimensions appear when selected. I tried opening your model, it has been created using an educational version of Creo, i doubt anyone on these forum will be able to open your file.

John

torme
4-Participant
(To:John.Pryal)

That's bad news that users of commercial version of Creo can't open Academic version files.  This raises the question "Will the Academic version be able to create stl files that drive a 3D printer?"  I intend to buy an inexpensive 3D printer.  I'm looking at the Monoprice Mini which sells for about $200.  Remember I'm looking for something 5th graders can use.  They will have a computer, Creo Academic software and access to a 3D printer.

If this is an impossible idea, I'd like to know.

Monoprice.jpg

I've got my model back in the sketch mode, but I haven't figured out how to get rid of the gray color and see some dimentions.

xyz plane 2.jpg

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

If I am understanding you problem correctly, change the display style of your model to hidden or no hidden display, & your dimensions should be visible when trying to modify.

Kevin
10-Marble

I don't think you should have a problem exporting *.stl files although I haven't looked to see if it exports it, I can check later to see if it does, otherwise check the File>Save As list to see what it exports. The opening of files refers to the opening of the native *.prt, *.asm, or other native files created by the different versions. Files such as *.step, *.iges, or *.neu can be opened.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I believe the Academic version is isolated from the commercial version to prevent the use of a free version of CREO being used for profit as it is easily available with an academic email address.  As far as saving an STL, there should be no problem.

You should not have to change the color to see the dimensions.  Double clicking on the feature or selecting the feature then edit from the right click menu should get you this:  All of the dimensions I use to create the feature (2) are shown and editable.  Selecting edit definition from the right click menu will get you into the original feature extrude menu.

Capture.JPG

There is always more to learn in Creo.
James62
10-Marble

See this config option:

show_sketch_dims_in_feature yes

Top Tags