cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Fixing Orientation of Components after 'Assemble' operation

TheodorusBoudew
5-Regular Member

Fixing Orientation of Components after 'Assemble' operation

Creo Illustrate 2 has a new feature to assembly components/assemblies.

I have a use case where I want to assembly a sub-assembly into an exsisting one.

The assemble function works great. But I don't know how to fix the orientation of the components after the assembly.

This causes problems for instance when I create exploded lines after I create an exploded view of the newly oriented components.

The explode lines go back to the original orientation the components from before the 'assemble tool' operation.

After the assemble has completed I want that to become the default orientation of the components.

Please see the image below for an illustration.

Thanks, Theo

illustration-explode-lines.gif

1 REPLY 1

Theo,

This is currently the way that Creo Illustrate works. Moving parts for any reason ('fixing up' the assembly or illustrating a dis-assembly) is specific to a figure and does not change the sBOM.

Having said that, you can drag the start and end locations of an Explode Line to reposition them as required. The 'End' needs to stay glued to the part, but can be at any location on the part; the 'Start' can be positioned anywhere in the illustration.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Top Tags