cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Half section line missing in my drawing - Creo 2.0

IanEdwards
1-Newbie

Half section line missing in my drawing - Creo 2.0

Hi all,

I have a simple drawing in Creo 2.0 of a cylinder which is half sectioned along it's centreline. If I create a detailed view of an end, then the half section line dis-appears. This never used to be the case - any idea what's happened and how I can get it back?

Image attached to illustrate my point.

3 REPLIES 3

the behaviour seems to common across versions of Creo and Proe.

I checked it on Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 and Creo 3.0, the half section is missing in detail view.

pshukla
5-Regular Member
(To:IanEdwards)

Hi,

This usually happens when you have defined cross-section plane and material removal side in model and you try to flip material side in drawings,

This usually does not happen if i take correct projection view (as per your projection method first or third angle) w.r.t original section material cut side selected in model

Please see attached pic

this might be one of the reasons

It mostly depend upon your projection method (first/third) and correct view (left/right).

half section view error.png

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Shukla

A centerline will show a solid one doesn't. In both ASME and ISO a centerline is used. This is controlled by the dtl file option half_section_line for section views if you want to change it. You'll need to remove the section from the main view and apply it to the view again in order for the display of the views to change. The centerline appears to be a graphic element for the view and can't be selected. If you insist on having having a solid line some workarounds are 1) create a offset section and 2) create another general view, at twice the scale, as a partial view the section. Drawbacks are either your section arrow or detail circle with note will need to be draft elements.

Top Tags