cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: How do I make leaders go in front of geometry and not behind?

Highlighted
Level 8

Help: How do I make leaders go in front of geometry and not behind?

When generating annotations many leaders want to go behind the geometry (see yellow mark on leader 1 and 2). I find that annoying. Is there a trick to making the leaders go like leader 3, in front of geometry?  I would prefer just to right click on the leader and make it one or the other.

geometri.png

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES

Re: Help: How do I make leaders go in front of geometry and not behind?

Maybe this is a support-grade-question sooner than a "community" one?

To be honest, I didn't really understand what you were asking. Creo doesn't have a move to front option like MSword.

What version and build of Creo are you using?

I just tried it on Creo2m220, 3 components stacked up and put BOM balloons as well as a Note balloon and all my leaders are on top of the geometry.

I expect it has to do with the attachment point. If it is on the visible side the leader will be entirely visible; if it is to the hidden side it will will change font to show that part of the leader is hidden.

This looks more like an illustration program than Creo Parametric.

It's Creo Illustrate 3.1 M010 and I will investigate what you said about attachment point - maybe there is a setting/prefs/conf about that. I cant do anything with the leader except moving the ends pointing on the geometry and the balloon. Moving that sometimes makes it go in front but then it doesn't point to the center of the object. Maybe it snaps to another surface wo the application telling me about it. I need to take control of this.

It's Creo Illustrate 3.1 M010 sBOM mode :-)

It's Creo Illustrate 3.1 M010. If I relocate the leader end pointing to the geometry I can sometimes make it go in front.

Ok, thanks. Creo Illustrate would benefit from it :-)

It's based on as David said the attachment point as well as where the balloon is relative to that attachment point in space and whether the leader passes through or behind geometry (dashed means it is passing through or behind). Try rotating the view to see where the balloons are in relation to your parts and to see what parts the leaders are passing through or behind.