cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Help reqd regarding Isodraw

ptc-5234910
1-Newbie

Help reqd regarding Isodraw

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to solve the below questions as I am very new to Isodraw and Macro language.

Thanks in advance.

Scope: I have hell of .iges files and need to explode the assemblies,illustrate them in Isodraw 7.3 or Isodraw 6.1 and save them as as .cgm and .JPEG formats.

Question 1: Whn I open .iges files(Created from catiaV5 i guess) and select single bolt for example, all the bolts in the model are getting selected and getting exploded at a time but i need to select individually as they are grouped in original catia file.Is there any option to select them individually and then explode.Please help.

Question 2: When i record a macro, where these macros will get stored in Computer for Windows XP Service pack2. Can anyone send me macro to export all the .iso files to .cgm and .jpeg at a time.Please send me macro for Isodraw 6.1 or Isodraw 7.3 or Isodraw 7.0 Cad process. And also how to edit the macro if in need to change anything.

4 REPLIES 4

To at least get you aimed in the right direction. Under file, there is a batch process... link. Click on this, it will pull up a wizard that will allow you to do mass conversion of data. It also allows you to use macros. As for the macros they can be saved in a couple of locations.

Check

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\PTC\IsoDraw\Macros

C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3\Program\Macros

Bryon

Thanks Bryon.

Ramu I wrote:

...Question 1: Whn I open .iges files(Created from catiaV5 i guess) and select single bolt for example, all the bolts in the model are getting selected and getting exploded at a time but i need to select individually as they are grouped in original catia file.Is there any option to select them individually and then explode.Please help...

Hi,

You can select the objects that you need to be exploded in the "Objects" window (in the main menu select "Window" -> "Show object window"):

Pic_1.png

Small hint,

You are able to skip a step...

from your catia you can create cgm.

cgm from catia have a lot better quality

Top Tags