cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do you add a caption to a figure without a border in Creo Illustrate 3.0?

MichelleStokes
5-Regular Member

How do you add a caption to a figure without a border in Creo Illustrate 3.0?

I can have a figure with a caption and a border, but I have not figured out how to have a figure caption with no border or white border. It seems the border color and figure caption text color are linked. Does anyone know of a work-around?

5 REPLIES 5

Open the user_prefs.xml, search for "border" and set the weight to 0. It worked for me in creating SVG files.

agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:bhuerta)

Currently a minimum line weight of 0.088 is enforced in illustrate, a zero lineweight is something we are looking at for future enhancements.

The option for caption but no border on the page is also something we are looking at.

MichelleStokes
5-Regular Member
(To:agarland)

Yay! I really hope these changes are made. It will allow us to use the images directly from Creo Illustrate, instead of having to take them out to another program to enter the image number. Please keep us posted on any further developments.

MichelleStokes
5-Regular Member
(To:bhuerta)

Thanks for the info! I did try this and it still did not work for me. I even changed the Illustrate_prefs with no luck.

This is something what product management is looking into.
There is a open customer voting, please refer:   https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Elements-Direct-Ideas/Creo-Illustrate-quot-figures-without-frame-with-text-quot/idi-p/456975

Top Tags