cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to change Spin Center for wrench object in Creo illustrate

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to change Spin Center for wrench object in Creo illustrate

Hello all,

I'm trying to create some sequence in creo illustrate, I have added wrench from object. When I rotate wrench it rotate at center, I want to rotate wrench with tip of wrench is fixed to bolt. PFB PNG for reference.

Velkumar_1-1578458092924.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Velkumar)

To change the the csys you need to:

1. Select the part
  2. Right click and select "Location>Select csys"
  3. You can now define the new csys

For the wrench I would first select the cylindrical face (which then shows the axis)

Then select the axis you want to rotate around.

Select new csys.png

Rotate around new csys.pngHope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Velkumar)

To change the the csys you need to:

1. Select the part
  2. Right click and select "Location>Select csys"
  3. You can now define the new csys

For the wrench I would first select the cylindrical face (which then shows the axis)

Then select the axis you want to rotate around.

Select new csys.png

Rotate around new csys.pngHope this helps.

Thank you @agarland . It works.

Hi argland, 

your solution does not seem to work for me, i have been looking for this solution for three days now. Come across your article and saw im in the right place but the option "select csys" is always greyed out? Do you know why this would be ? 

A Kelly

well solved that need to be in transformation mode first lol but this has not solved my issue. i still cant get the allen key to pivot from the right place when using unscrew not manual rotation. 

You can couple the two parts together when using the unscrew effect, this will make them rotate around the same axis.

Couple parts for unscrew.png

I use the Assemble tool to position the allen key correctly in relation to the screw first, then select both and select the unscrew effect. From there you can set the couple the parts and set the CSYS.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags