cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Importing part file in skeleton based assembly

nlewis
7-Bedrock

Importing part file in skeleton based assembly

A model that I made and saved as a .c3di file has several parts hidden because they are not needed.

I imported a .pvz file of an assembly by link. When the process was complete, the hidden parts of the model had been turned back on. I tried to import by embedding the .pvz file with the same results.

I tried saving the .pvz file as a .c3di file first, and then linking or embedding.

The same results happened.

The model was made in a Illustrate version 3. The .pvz assembly was mad in Creo® Parametric and then saved as a .pvz file in Illustrate version 4.1.

Illustrate version 4.1 is being used to do the work.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

If i understand your workflow correctly you are hiding parts in Creo Parametric before importing into Creo Illustrate.  The visibility of parts isn't retained when importing the pvz into illustrate.

The visibility state should be set in illustrate for each figure authored, this is then retained when publishing and can be seen when viewing the published pvz.

One thing to note is that importing a published pvz (published from illustrate) will not import any figure information and therefore visibility state of parts is not retained.  The published pvz is meant for downstream viewer (creo view etc) rather than for re-importing into illustrate.

Hope this helps.

nlewis
7-Bedrock
(To:agarland)

The file is an Illustrate file with the parts turned off in Illustrate, not Creo Parametric. I gave the information about Creo Parametric as reference only to tell where the model and the assembly originally started.

I turned off the parts in Illustrate in the model.

When I import the assembly into the model, the parts that were turned off turn on again.

Hope that is a better explanation.

Top Tags