cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Improve & simplify support NX, Solidworks, Inventor and add support SolidEdge

gzhou-2
2-Guest

Improve & simplify support NX, Solidworks, Inventor and add support SolidEdge

For Pro/E and Creo current functionalities, to support NX, Solidworks or Inventor, user have to install a licensed NX, Solidworks and Inventor on the same machine, which is unreasonable and impossible to do since I just get 3-rd files from provider and have no licensed NX, Solidworks and Inventor on the same machine.

So PTC should improve support NX, Solidworks and Inventor. Just support like CATIA, only INTF_FOR_CAT is enough, needn't install licensed 3-rd software

Since PTC propagandizes AnyData, should support SolidEdge too since more and more SMB use SolidEdge as the structure design tool.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Regarding support Solidworks, referring to https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS28543,

• With Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M110 and Creo Parametric 1.0 M010
  • The SW license key is no longer required
  • No additional lines are required in config.pro
  • Installing SolidWorks Explorer

(free download http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm)is sufficient

Since PTC propagandizes AnyData, should support SolidEdge too since more and more SMB use SolidEdge as the structure design tool.

I would think that a lot more effort than I've seen would be allocated to making Creo Elements Direct transpotable to and from parametric.  I installed the import converter which is still quite limited but there is no way to output drawings back to Creo Elements Direct (CoCreate).  Even the part and assembly export requires STEP translations first.  Some serious effort is still required in this regard.

Creo Elements/Direct only can open the Creo Parametric part and assembly file, cannot open drawing file. Creo Parametric can retrieve Creo Elements/Direct PKG file and mi file.

qzhou-2
5-Regular Member
(To:gzhou-2)

Information from Technical Support tema Creo 3.0 will import support SolidEdge data.

If this news is really true, it will be a great enhancement for Creo 3.0.

Creo Elements/Direct only can open the Creo Parametric part and assembly file, cannot open drawing file. Creo Parametric can retrieve Creo Elements/Direct PKG file and mi file.

You do see the big hole in this philosophy, right? 

I have to be able to provide drawings that are sustainable in Creo Direct and I'm a Creo 2.0/Parametric user.

I know the Elements Express 4.0 cannot open native Creo 2.0 Pro files... but have no way to test this in CoCreate 18 (client's version).

lbai
4-Participant

In Creo 2.0, I think interface for CATIA and solidworks (just install free SolidWorks Explorer) are OK. Only interface for NX and Inventor still need improve. If Creo 3.0 really import support SolidEdge, this will be perfect news.

Thank you for the feedback. We are in fact currently working on putting new conversion libraries in place that will not require that the other CAD software be installed. This is targeted for Creo 3.0.  The first formats that will not require a separate installation/license will be CATIA V5, NX, Inventor and Solidworks.  SolidEdge is also on the list to be added but we don't have a definitive delivery date just yet. Stay tuned.

Will this support for Catia and NX apply to both import and export. How will this effect the licenses that you have to Purchases for the interface for CATIA and NX.

mschuetz
6-Contributor

Implemented in Creo 3.0 with the Unite Technology.

Top Tags