cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is there a fine zoom/coarse zoom option in Creo Illustrate?

nlewis
7-Bedrock

Thanks,

neal lewis

6 REPLIES 6

Currently there's only the one zoom with no options to adjust the granularity.

For more controlled zooming i would try using the 'Zoom Window' option (ctrl+shift+z).

Is it particularly large or small models you are working with which would be helped by having a more controllable zoom function?

nlewis
7-Bedrock
(To:agarland)

Adrian,

Thanks for your reply. I use Creo® Illustrate in a manufacturing setting as a Technical Writer. We get very large models of Agricultural equipment that we need to be able to zoom in and zoom out. The views we make are used to illustrate manuals and assembly instructions.

I would guess that part of my problem is that I use a "non-standard" input device; a trackball. It is possible that I could adjust the ring to give finer control, but at the present I do not have the information that tells me how to do that.

What I wind up doing is getting a view slightly smaller than what I want, exporting it, and then manipulating it in Adobe Illustrator - which does allow for finer work.

Neal Lewis

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:nlewis)

Hi,

my colleagues use 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse. They can some much "softer" than with the mouse wheel. But I dont konw if it's a driver feature or the device.

br Bernhard

nlewis
7-Bedrock
(To:bmüller)

Bernhard,

Thank you for the information about the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse.

I have thought about that. Many of the engineers use the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse.

I will have to see if the budget permits me to purchase one.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Neal Lewis

nlewis
7-Bedrock
(To:agarland)

Adrian, I just tried the ctl + shift + z. That doesn't seem to be the answer. Thank you anyway for the suggestion. Neal Lewis

nlewis
7-Bedrock
(To:nlewis)

I just found the answer to fine zoom in Creo® Illustrate (at least if you use a Kensington Expert Mouse, model K64325, with TrackballWorks™ 1.2, I know, I know, ancient equipment, ancient software, well, it's what I have and it solved the problem). Click in the viewing window to select it. Then press and hold: Ctl + the middle mouse button (designated on my trackball as the upper left button). Scroll up with the trackball to zoom out. Scroll down with the trackball to zoom in. The zoom function appears to be continuous, giving any zoom desired. Problem solved.

Top Tags