cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there any updates on new shapes on Creo sketcher palette in Creo 3.0 and Creo 4.0?

sbhattacharya-2
3-Visitor

Is there any updates on new shapes on Creo sketcher palette in Creo 3.0 and Creo 4.0?

Dear Creo Users,

Kindly be informed that recently I have been using Creo 2.0 . There is a good option in Creo called Palette in Sketch mode. There are certain shapes like polygon, i-section etc. which are very helpful to draw different and difficult mechanical parts in Creo. Are there any new developments or updates like any new shapes in Creo sketch Palette  in newer versions like creo 3.0 and creo 4.0?

With regards,

Soumya Bhattacharya

3 REPLIES 3

You can put your own shapes in there.

You will find historically that PTC does not update libraries once released.

Creating your own palette library is a very useful feature.

I recommend you add the following to your config.pro so you can place your section (.sec) files in a location outside the Creo folder structure.

That way your section files do not get deleted during a Creo update.

sketcher_palette_path  DRIVE:\any-location\...sub-location

A tip about saving sections for the palette function:

Minimize external references.  Preferably confined to the X and Y plane of the sketch with only 1 associative dimension to each.

Avoid constraint references that are outside the sketch!

Technically, you should be able to float your sketch around before saving it to your palette location; or add the 2 locating dimensions to your preferred references.

Also make sure your sketch is as "robust" (highly configurable constraints without errors) as possible.

And do not use relations as they are not saved.

Dear Creo users,

Is there any way that creo users can request PTC about a certain option update which can be beneficial for other creo users.

Thanks Antonius but I can save my shapes in creo sketch palette.Surely, I will also try your method of doing this.

Any other ideas or discussions regarding this will be helpful.

With regards,

Soumya

Top Tags