cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Is there any way to quickly save a model to use in a power point presentation?

atribuzio
1-Newbie

Is there any way to quickly save a model to use in a power point presentation?

Is there any way to quickly save a .prt model to use in a power point presentation?

5 REPLIES 5

Creo View files can be embedded into PowerPoint presentations. Convert the PRT model into PVZ format to embed.

I'm intrigued by this. I just tried saving my Creo2 assy as a *.PVZ file and dragging it into PPT (2010). It simply placed an icon in the PPT file. Double clicking it brings up Creo View, but no model. What am I doing wrong?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Is there a way to display the creo view PVS/PVZ files that were published in Windchill in such PowerPoint documents?

That is, without first exporting the representation to a local disk...

I guess I'm not sure how to actually find the "sourceUrl" to such published data...

I know how to navigate the windchill information pages related to representations of an object and find the url that can be typed into a web browser and which will start Creo View embedded within the web browser.

However, this url does not work within the pview control within the powerpoint presentation...

llie
16-Pearl
(To:atribuzio)

Anthony,

Do you just want to show the model or do you want to be able to spin the 3D model in a PowerPoint presentation?

If you want to embed the model and spin it in your presentation, then you would have to download the Creo View toolkit from PTC.

JariElomaa
13-Aquamarine
(To:atribuzio)

Below is a link to a guide on how to use Creo View control objects in PowerPoint presentations. I don't think a toolkit is required.

Using Creo View models in PowerPoint

I hope this helps.

Top Tags