Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make UNDO actually undo across all of Creo

Highlighted

Re: Make UNDO actually undo across all of Creo

I cannot imagine expecting users to be able to remember this with enough certainty to be able to depend on.  But if this works for you and others on this forum, I am glad that it helps..

Highlighted

Just noticed this article today from PTC:  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS248244

Highlighted

Hello everyone,

we have the same problems with no chance to use Redo/Undo in modeling features. We have found out that features which are controlled by an IF-Relation in ProProgram (to surpress them) cause this wrong behavior.

Just for notice:

• the config option "general_undo_stack_limit" has been set to value 50.
  • the old mass calculation called "MASSPROP" has been corrected.

Unfortunately we can't understand why Creo is not able to let the user go some steps foward or back ?! As mentioned before...like in every other program. When I see that this "idea" (sorry...that's not an idea...that's a big error within the core functionality in Creo) has been puplished in 2014 and we still have no improvement in this case but answers from PTC like "that's an normal bevior...that's not an error because it didn't work never before" then I am really wondering about this software quality.

We just want to make live easier for our users but that's not possible I think...

Highlighted

Are you using Teamcenter IPEMS?

If so there was a earlier release of ipems that turned off the undo functionality in Creo Paremetric.

Hope this helps,

Don

Highlighted

I'm surprised that PLM software such as Teamcenter could have any effect on something like undo functionality in Creo, However we do not use it.  Creo is bad (at undoing) whether it is connected to Windchill or just stand alone.  Like Maximilian Hauck‌ said it is a problem with the core functionality.

I also agree with Maximilian Hauck that this request is more of a fix than an "idea", but unfortunately whether a bug fix, updating the software, or a genuine idea PTC wants us to throw it all together on this "Idea" forum.

Hey, I got an idea! Let's update Creo to the 21st century!    I understand the challenge of updating the core functionality in all areas of Creo, however that understanding doesn't make it any less painful for the user when they go from modern software to Creo (which actually has perfect undo functionality in model sketcher mode, just not good anywhere else) and then back again.  The contrast is painful.

Highlighted

Hi Don,

thanks for your comment but we don't use Teamcenter as PLM software. Our models are managed in Windchill (& SAP).

I am with Lawrence Scheeler in this case - i don't think that the problem is caused by an PLM software. In my first job I worked as an designer for a small company and had to handle several customer Creo-environments with different PDM/PLM-softwares in the backround. There was no difference...if there is logic within the part brought into by an IF-Relation redo/undo was not useable any more. Same problem with the MASSPROP-Relation although that can be solved by deleting it.

Highlighted

Hi Don,

I have determined that IPEM is causing my issues with undo.

Do you know how to resolve it?

Dan

Highlighted

Hi Dan,

You will need to upgrade Ipem to

10.1.0.4 Hotfix 4

You should not have any issues after that.

Don

Highlighted

Don,

We are at Teamcenter Integration for Creo version 11.2.0.

I've been told that version 11.3.1 fixes it but have no idea when we'll upgrade.

There currently is no hotfix for this version either.

Thank you for your reply!

Dan

Highlighted

The Undo functionality can sometimes be "deactivated" when a J-Link function is active (Auxiliary Applications).  Stopping or turning off the J-Link function will restore full Undo

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.