cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Multi-Language drawings in Productview - How to?

AlejandroSamped
6-Contributor

Multi-Language drawings in Productview - How to?

*I have posted this topic in the Manufacturing area, but did not have any replies in over a year. I hope this Visualization area will be better suited for this question*

Hello,

I would need advice regarding a requirement that I have for CAD drawings using Pro/E WF4 and Productview 9.1.

It is regarding what we call "Multi-Language drawings". For our manufacturing plants, we need to create manufacturing drawings on which we can switch between different languages for the annotations within these drawings themselves (in ONE sheet only); and most importantly, that we can switch between the different languages in ProductView to get the drawing as needed for anyone out on the floor.

On the Pro/E environment, we have been doing this using different "layers" which contain the different languages. However, this doesn't work in ProductView 9.1, which doesn't support the switching between layers that have been created in Pro/E. Also, if we used sheets with the same file name, that could create problems when updating one of the sheets, so that one sheet is updated, but the other which is written in the other language is not updated.

How do other companies address this issue?

On another note and less importantly, do you know if Creo View provides this functionality?

I would really appreciate your comments,

Thanks, Best Regards,

Alex Sampedro.

1 REPLY 1

Note that it is possible to publish a Creo Parametric drawing to the PDF or DWG formats and replicate the ayers with it

When publishing drawings as PDF, you will need to set the recipe option “adapter/pdfLayerControl=0”, so that adapter converts all layers (Recipe Editor: Advanced > PDF Output Setup > Layer Control: All (out-of-the-box: Visible Only).

See article CS164561

Top Tags