cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Multiple Versions of Creo Illustrate or Creo View

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite

Multiple Versions of Creo Illustrate or Creo View

Can Creo Illustrate 2.0 and 3.1 be installed on the same work station? When I installed 3.1 it removed 2.0. The CreoIllustrate_64.exe is the same for both versions. In testing, I found that Illustrate 3.1 and Creo View Express 2.0 do not work well together, Illustrate 3.1 with Creo View 3.1 does. So, enterprise wide Creo View Express 2.0 is installed with Windchill 9.1, so I'm thinking for multiple locations viewing our work instructions would have to have them created in Illustrate 2.0. Any other experiences with these type of compatibility issues?

2 REPLIES 2

By the way, you can always find the latest version of Creo View Express here (32 & 64-bit):

: Creo View Express Download - PTC.com

Anthony, your assumption is correct about having matched versions of the software. If your Windchill version is keeping you on Creo View 2.0, I would recommend staying on Creo Illustrate 2.0.

There are file format changes between the Creo View 2.0 and Creo View 3.1 families. So 3.1 would be able to use 2.0 data, but not the other way around. So today Creo View and Creo Illustrate 3.1 are supported with Windchill 10.2 or 11.0.

You can find the SLM Graphics Compendium here. http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/168055/en/SLMGraphicsCompendium_61416.pdf

To answer the question of having multiple versions installed. It is not recommended as these different versions would be sharing the same options/preferences and this can cause issues with one version overwriting the other.

Top Tags