cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

My published PVZ files seem to be empty?

ptc-6337082
1-Newbie

My published PVZ files seem to be empty?

When I publish my Creo Illustrate visualization as PVZ (3D representation) they seem to be empty when my team members try to open them in Productview.

The structure tree and everything is empty too.

What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

I think I figured it out. I tried to download Creo View Express and using this instead of ProductView Pro. Now it's working.

Is it really true that Productview can't open these files?

Morten,

I guess that this is because Productview is too old and does not understand current version of PVZ format. I suggest you to ask PTC Support to be sure, what is going on...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

That's correct. ProductView -the legacy software does not support PVZ format. ProductView used to work with ED/EDZ formats. Starting with the 9.1 release, ProductView software was re-architected to be a high performance, scalable architecture and so was the file format PVZ optimized, compact and also works with Creo Illustrate. Hope that helps.

Madhavi

www.vizpundit.com

Visit my blog for Tips and Tricks on Creo View

If I recall correctly a rep from PTC mentioned to me that you can try to rename the PVZ as an EDZ, if you are limited by software availability, and it might work, but it is not "supported."

Top Tags