cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PTC support should also open new product ideas

fmueller
3-Visitor

PTC support should also open new product ideas

If a user asks for a certain function or feature the support should not just write "dear user please open a product idea". Instead the PTC support should "officially" open a new idea and offer the user to vote for it. Doing so I would call customer SUPPORT!

e.g. https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS158767&lang=en

Please find some more explanation in the following discussion:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/240782#240782

3 REPLIES 3
GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:fmueller)

They would have to charge more in maintenance....isn't it funny that software companies are the only ones that make customers pay for the ability to contact them with software issues.  Think if all companies were like that, buy a new truck....wheels fall off, give company thousands of dollars before they will even look at the issue.  Fleecing of American businesses.

I agree and disagree with this one, depending on how it is done.

Disagree: I do not think that the reps always have a good handle on what the problem really is (and perhaps its significance) and therefore do not think they would be able to write the idea in a way that could do it justice.

Agree: I like the idea of PTC reps being able to create calls because I think sometimes they have very good ideas but may not have a median to voice them within PTC.  I have talked to some reps who are very intelligent, and capable people who have a very good handle on the significance of the situation.  They also have the unique perspective of hearing from multiple customers giving them the opportunity to complete the dots of connected problems that they see coming up too frequently.  Perhaps they have an internal methods of reporting, however I can see the benefit of having the customer actually be able to vote on their ideas.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Top Tags