cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problems with Creo View

ptc-5400889
1-Newbie

Problems with Creo View

I have a huge .asm and in Creo it opens normally, but in Creo View it appears empty. The Creo View tree is strange, something like a save icon appears (see image). Someone can help me? Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

Try clicking on the top level number, hold the click and drag it onto the main window, then release the click.

Thanks for answer, but it did not work.

Hello,

can you see the assembly in Preview area when you click File > Open window ? If not then your files do not contain graphical data used by Creo View and you have to resave them. Try to experiment with small assembly and config.pro option SAVE_MODEL_DISPLAY.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks for answering me my friend!
But I think that I am in a big problem, because I have some .asm checked in that I can open normally in Creo View, and my Preview area and configurations I think that are working correctly (see image). If You have another suggestion I will appreciate.

Creo_confiuration.PNG

Hello,

you used term "check in", so I guess you use PDMLink. If this is the case then you can test Marshall's procedure to refresh a viewable file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Was the original viewable made in CreoView or in ProductView? We just migrated to WC 10.1 from 9.1 and have found that many of the original ProductView files we had are broken in someway or other when we try and view them in CreoView.

Rather than taking a lot of time trying to figure out w3hat was wrong with them I created the attached PDF for our Engineers and others downstream of Engineering to use to recreate the File in CreoView.

It won't tell you what is wrong with the original files but it gets you back in the game a lot quicker.

The original viewable was made in CreoView, I am trying but it did not worked yet.

I think maybe that problem occured because of some layer, What do you think about that Marshall Sexton and Martin Hanak ?

Note: In my .asm there is some .prt´s in surface (it was not solidified).

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am sorry I don't know what is going on. Can you upload some data ? If you can then click Use advanced editor link in Reply window and use Browse button.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I´ll create a new .asm and mount each subassembly, I´ll do check in each time that I mount a subassembly, and visualize in Creo View each time, to find a subassembly with error. Soon I´ll give you news

Best Regards, Wellington Pinto

Top Tags