cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Representations in Creo illustrate

anicot
3-Visitor

Representations in Creo illustrate

Hello,

I need to open a PVZ file in Creo Illustrate but I need to open a specific view of my model.

So, in attachment a screen capture shows representations I want to open in Illustrate.

Is it possible to do this ? I don't find the way.

16 REPLIES 16
anicot
3-Visitor
(To:anicot)

Just a precision :

Representations (attached file) have been created in CreoView 2.0.

gkoch
1-Newbie

I assume you want to be able to specify different views when opening the model on different occasions?

Otherwise, maybe what you see is the last stored orientation and you could change this by saving it in CreoView again - this time using the desired orientation? I don't know, whether this is the fact, but could be worth trying.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Arnaud,

We have found a way to save PVZ file out of creo parametric that had simplfied reps...these simplified reps are available and selectable from the PVZ file when opened in Illustrate. In Creo View, you see these reps in the viewable tab. In Creo Illustrate, they can be found in the "New Figure" dropdown menu within the Figure Tab.

We have not found a way to access the annotation sets(which is what you are showing in your image) saved in the Creo View session from the Creo Illustrate software. It just seems logical that a user will want to create an annotation in Creo View which is then saved into Windchill....then open the file in Creo Illustrate and start with the annotation. So I hope there is a solution for this use case.

anicot
3-Visitor
(To:BillRyan)

Thanks.

I will try it soon.

jvorburger
5-Regular Member

Hi

Cn you upload the recipe-file for the Export of pvz-file with teh simplified rep for CreoIllustrate. I open the pvz-file in CreoView - i have the simp rep, but not in Illustrate in the FIGURE-Menu?

Kind regards

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:jvorburger)

Juerg,

Below is the line item I have in my client side recipe file.  Are you using Creo Illustate 3?

!added 9/20/2012 to publish simplfied reps on Pro-E export

simplifiedReps=1

jvorburger
5-Regular Member

Cool, now ist running. Thanks

meta
3-Visitor

Hello Billryan,

Hope you are doing well !!

I didnt understand your solution for opening simp reps in creo illustrate.

Kindly elaborate some details. weather i should change in my creo config files? if yes what changes should i make. Kindly reply for the same. 

Thanks in advance!!!

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:meta)

First - Verify in Creo view that your PVZ file exported from Creo Parametric has the simplified reps.

Then embed the file in Creo Illustrate and look in this area for the reps - " In Creo Illustrate, they can be found in the "New Figure" dropdown menu within the Figure Tab."

If you don't see the reps in Creo View, they wont' be there in Creo Illustrate...

ptc-6749480
6-Contributor

I figured out how to get this to work.

1) You first need to edit the recipe file to "Output Author States" and "Output PVZ."

2) The next step is after you save the PVZ from Creo, you need to find the PVZ file and change the extension to .zip

3) After this, you have to extract the .zip and use the PVZ from the extraction.

*Note

I wasn't able to see any parts or assemblies with the original PVZ exported from Creo.

The only PVZ that worked, was the one from the extraction.

---Bill

I think I understand:

Please confirm if this is correct:

Importing an assembly directly from Creo Parametric into Creo Illustrate will not preserve the option to select different simplified representations. The only way to get a specific simplified rep from an assembly into Illustrate is to export it as a PVZ -- either export a single simplified rep, or export the entire master-rep while using a recipe file. Is this correct? I'm asking because recently Creo Parametric has crashed each time I try to export a PVZ from a specific representation of a highly detailed multiple-rep assembly. It would be nice to just select the rep after importing the assembly-file (not PVZ) directly into Illustrate.

ptc-6749480
6-Contributor

Bill,

Have you figured out importing Simplified Reps into Creo Illustrate yet?

I'm still struggling.

Thanks

Juho123
5-Regular Member

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with Illustrate 7.0, I can't see simp reps in illustrate, although they are visible in view. I checked illustrate's proepview.pvr and there is simplifiedReps=1... Am I missing something, any ideas?

ptc-6749480
6-Contributor

Hello,

Could you please explain a little further as to how you got the .pvz exported with simplified reps?

Thanks,

Bill

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-6749480)

To get the PVZ file to have simplified reps it has to either be published from the Windchill Creo Parametric worker or the Client Side Creo Parametric session.  In both cases, you need to recipe setting tied to the Creo Parametric session to include simplified reps. 

I have not found a way to get Creo View to generate a PVZ file with the variants of simp reps or annotation sets. 😞

ptc-6749480
6-Contributor

anicot,

I figured out how to get this to work.

1) You first need to edit the recipe file to "Output Author States" and "Output PVZ."

2) The next step is after you save the PVZ from Creo, you need to find the PVZ file and change the extension to .zip

3) After this, you have to extract the .zip and use the PVZ from the extraction.

*Note

I wasn't able to see any parts or assemblies with the original PVZ exported from Creo.

The only PVZ that worked, was the one from the extraction.

---Bill

Top Tags