Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representations in Creo illustrate

Re: Representations in Creo illustrate

Hello,

Could you please explain a little further as to how you got the .pvz exported with simplified reps?

Thanks,

Bill

To get the PVZ file to have simplified reps it has to either be published from the Windchill Creo Parametric worker or the Client Side Creo Parametric session.  In both cases, you need to recipe setting tied to the Creo Parametric session to include simplified reps. 

I have not found a way to get Creo View to generate a PVZ file with the variants of simp reps or annotation sets. 😞

First - Verify in Creo view that your PVZ file exported from Creo Parametric has the simplified reps.

Then embed the file in Creo Illustrate and look in this area for the reps - " In Creo Illustrate, they can be found in the "New Figure" dropdown menu within the Figure Tab."

If you don't see the reps in Creo View, they wont' be there in Creo Illustrate...

anicot,

I figured out how to get this to work.

1) You first need to edit the recipe file to "Output Author States" and "Output PVZ."

2) The next step is after you save the PVZ from Creo, you need to find the PVZ file and change the extension to .zip

3) After this, you have to extract the .zip and use the PVZ from the extraction.

*Note

I wasn't able to see any parts or assemblies with the original PVZ exported from Creo.

The only PVZ that worked, was the one from the extraction.

---Bill

Highlighted

I figured out how to get this to work.

1) You first need to edit the recipe file to "Output Author States" and "Output PVZ."

2) The next step is after you save the PVZ from Creo, you need to find the PVZ file and change the extension to .zip

3) After this, you have to extract the .zip and use the PVZ from the extraction.

*Note

I wasn't able to see any parts or assemblies with the original PVZ exported from Creo.

The only PVZ that worked, was the one from the extraction.

---Bill