cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representations in Creo illustrate

Level 1

Representations in Creo illustrate

Hello,

I need to open a PVZ file in Creo Illustrate but I need to open a specific view of my model.

So, in attachment a screen capture shows representations I want to open in Illustrate.

Is it possible to do this ? I don't find the way.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Representations in Creo illustrate

Just a precision :

Representations (attached file) have been created in CreoView 2.0.

I assume you want to be able to specify different views when opening the model on different occasions?

Otherwise, maybe what you see is the last stored orientation and you could change this by saving it in CreoView again - this time using the desired orientation? I don't know, whether this is the fact, but could be worth trying.

Arnaud,

We have found a way to save PVZ file out of creo parametric that had simplfied reps...these simplified reps are available and selectable from the PVZ file when opened in Illustrate. In Creo View, you see these reps in the viewable tab. In Creo Illustrate, they can be found in the "New Figure" dropdown menu within the Figure Tab.

We have not found a way to access the annotation sets(which is what you are showing in your image) saved in the Creo View session from the Creo Illustrate software. It just seems logical that a user will want to create an annotation in Creo View which is then saved into Windchill....then open the file in Creo Illustrate and start with the annotation. So I hope there is a solution for this use case.

Thanks.

I will try it soon.

Hi

Cn you upload the recipe-file for the Export of pvz-file with teh simplified rep for CreoIllustrate. I open the pvz-file in CreoView - i have the simp rep, but not in Illustrate in the FIGURE-Menu?

Kind regards

Juerg,

Below is the line item I have in my client side recipe file.  Are you using Creo Illustate 3?

!added 9/20/2012 to publish simplfied reps on Pro-E export

simplifiedReps=1

Cool, now ist running. Thanks

Hello Billryan,

Hope you are doing well !!

I didnt understand your solution for opening simp reps in creo illustrate.

Kindly elaborate some details. weather i should change in my creo config files? if yes what changes should i make. Kindly reply for the same. 

Thanks in advance!!!

Tags (1)

Bill,

Have you figured out importing Simplified Reps into Creo Illustrate yet?

I'm still struggling.

Thanks