cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Rotating and translating in Creo® Illustrate 3.0

nlewis
7-Bedrock

Rotating and translating in Creo® Illustrate 3.0

We have just transitioned to Creo® Illustrate 3.0 from a different package. We use Creo® Illustrate to make the technical drawings for our manuals and publications.

Oftentimes we need to rotate or translate a group of parts around the axis/centerline of another part. For example, we often need to show a hinged cover in a raised position. Or we need to show a part coming off an axle.

How do I select the parts and select the axis?

How may I do that with as much precision as is possible? I do not want to just "eyeball" the process.

Thanks,

Neal Lewis

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I have attached a short video that shows how to use another parts coordinate system to rotate or move parts.

This will allow you to rotate a part around another parts axis, you can also use construction geometry for this.

Hope this helps. Video Link : 7146

nlewis
7-Bedrock
(To:agarland)

Adrian,

Thanks! A step in the right direction.

Now if I can figure out how to select all of the parts (over 77) scattered through the SBOM (consisting of several thousand parts) and keep them selected while I rotate them without accidentally deselecting them.

Here I go.

Thanks again for your help.

Neal Lewis

P.S. I am taking the PTC University training on Creo® Illustrate, but this hot project has to be done now. Neal

Top Tags