cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Sequences Disappear from Figure ( Illustrate 5.0 bug? )

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst

Sequences Disappear from Figure ( Illustrate 5.0 bug? )

Hello,

Maybe I'm missing something obvious--

but each time I create a new figure, the sequence within my already created figure is erased. Is there a step where I need to save this? The program is behaving oddly:

1) Create Figure 1 with a sequence of 10 steps

2) Create Figure 2, and suddenly all the steps disappear from Figure 1

3) Save a copy of Figure 1all of the steps reappear - with all 3 Figures now having the same steps

4) Delete or add a step from one figure, and the change is reflected in the other two figures

5) Create another new figure. All the steps disappear again from the other figures (why?)

Thanks for your help,

Wes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agarland
15-Moonstone
(To:Wes_Tomer)

Hi,

So I think what you are seeing is that the tree section of the dependency view (and folder view) have a slightly different behavior in that a single click does not open the figure.

In the tree (top section) of either view type you have to double click to open the figure.  This allows you to use a single click to move the figure in the tree or access the Right mouse button menu.

A single click in the gallery (lower section) however will open the figure as it does in the gallery view.

This may explain why you do not see the Step Editor tab appear when you select a sequence figure in the upper section (tree) of the dependency view.

I have attached a video that shows the expected behaviors.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
agarland
15-Moonstone

Hi Wes,

Would it be possible to share some screenshots of what you see directly before and after you create the second figure?

That might help us see what is happening.

Thanks

Adrian

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst
(To:agarland)

Okay, I figured it out:

Don't use the Dependency View in the Figures tab.

There is a bug, and this will mess things up when you create or edit figures.

Instead, in the Figures tab use the Gallery View (Publish Order) and your sequences will remain in tact.

I haven't tried the Folder View for the Figures tab, so I can't say either way. Try to recreate this error by using the Dependency View and post here if you have the same results. 

Thanks,

Wes

agarland
15-Moonstone

In the dependency view you will only see the thumbnail of the selected figure plus any dependents (2D figures) of that figure.  We do not show all thumbnails of all figures in the dependency view.

I've attached two images to demonstrate, is this what you are seeing? 

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst

Hello,

no, I am referring to the Step Editor tab, just to the right of the Figures tab

When figures are added or copied from the Dependency view in the Figures tab, the sequences as shown in the Step Editor tab are lost, or reappear.

agarland
15-Moonstone

Hi,

So I think what you are seeing is that the tree section of the dependency view (and folder view) have a slightly different behavior in that a single click does not open the figure.

In the tree (top section) of either view type you have to double click to open the figure.  This allows you to use a single click to move the figure in the tree or access the Right mouse button menu.

A single click in the gallery (lower section) however will open the figure as it does in the gallery view.

This may explain why you do not see the Step Editor tab appear when you select a sequence figure in the upper section (tree) of the dependency view.

I have attached a video that shows the expected behaviors.

Hope this helps.

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst

Thank you, your video was very helpful! Problem solved.

May I ask what screen recording software you used? I tried to create a video, but the file size was too large to upload.

agarland
15-Moonstone

Glad to hear that helped.

I used Camtasia for the video capture.

Top Tags