cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to access license server remotely via Microsoft Direct Access

mgrohar
4-Participant

Unable to access license server remotely via Microsoft Direct Access

Hello,

Since we were using Palo Alto VPN service and windows for connecting to company's servers when  working outside the company and it was working ok

Now we started using Windows with Direct Access to remotely connect to the company server. Now the files on the server can be seen normally, but the Creo cannot connect to the license. The output is that Creo does not start.

When contacting support in our country, they said, that Direct Access is working on IPV6 protocol, which is not supported in current version of Creo 2.0 M120.

Please fix this!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:mgrohar)

Hi,

do you have found any solution?

br Bernhard

eboer
5-Regular Member

We are also working with Direct Access and one of my IT-colleagues created a powershell script to fix the problem. The scrip runs on your local machine and creates a portmapping service in the background and changes dynamically the hosts-file. The license requests are then going through the newly created service (basically it's a man-in-the-middle-service). The service gets the license-request on IPv4 and maps it to IPv6 en sends it to the license-server. For us it's working very well and I got permission to share the script when needed., but I can't add files to the comment??
bmüller
13-Aquamarine

Hi!

cool - you could post the code in the posting.

br Bernhard

eboer
5-Regular Member

Hello, Posting a 1100 line script is IMO not a good idea. Please send me a private message with your email address, so I can send it to you.
Top Tags