cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

WEEE & CE symbols as Sketches

amayne
1-Newbie

WEEE & CE symbols as Sketches

Does anyone have a copy of the WEEE & CE symbols as a Creo sketch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amayne
1-Newbie
(To:amayne)

So it's been a while, but I got round to creating a WEEE symbol as a True Type font, and it seems to work ok in sketcher, but can be a bit flaky when resizing (best done in small steps or use another font then change to this one once you've got the size correct), I think this is because of the fine detail.

So I've attached the font I've created, but please beware that you use it at entirely your own risk I take no responsibly what so ever for loss or damages cause by using it, although I've taken care to replicate the symbol correctly I recommend double checking it for yourself before using, also make sure it is not distorted in any way as you could be in breach of the symbol standard, and personally I wouldn't use it any smaller than 8mm again as to not breach the symbol standard.

So with the boring bit out the way here's how to use it:

1. Download the font
  2. Either install the font as a Windows system font and make sure the "pro_font_dir" in your config.pro is set to C:\Windows\Fonts or If you have a different pro_font_dir directory set as your company default copy the font to that directory.
  3. Make sure you restart you Creo session so it picks up the new font.
  4. In Sketcher, Selected the text tool, choose your position and size, then when the dialog box opens type the letter 'a' as your text and then choose 3 - WEEE Symbol from the font dropdown.

weee2.pngweee1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BillChapman
12-Amethyst

Attached.

Hi Bill

Thanks for these, CE one is great, but the WEEE one will need a lot of work to use.

Anyone else?

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

If you did find/create a WEEE 3-d sketch that can be extruded would you please share?

Hi

Of course.

I haven't found one yet but if I do I will.

Alternatively if I get some time I'll creat a True Type font with it in and post that, I've used this method a lot in the past for logos etc and it works well.

amayne
1-Newbie

So it's been a while, but I got round to creating a WEEE symbol as a True Type font, and it seems to work ok in sketcher, but can be a bit flaky when resizing (best done in small steps or use another font then change to this one once you've got the size correct), I think this is because of the fine detail.

So I've attached the font I've created, but please beware that you use it at entirely your own risk I take no responsibly what so ever for loss or damages cause by using it, although I've taken care to replicate the symbol correctly I recommend double checking it for yourself before using, also make sure it is not distorted in any way as you could be in breach of the symbol standard, and personally I wouldn't use it any smaller than 8mm again as to not breach the symbol standard.

So with the boring bit out the way here's how to use it:

1. Download the font
  2. Either install the font as a Windows system font and make sure the "pro_font_dir" in your config.pro is set to C:\Windows\Fonts or If you have a different pro_font_dir directory set as your company default copy the font to that directory.
  3. Make sure you restart you Creo session so it picks up the new font.
  4. In Sketcher, Selected the text tool, choose your position and size, then when the dialog box opens type the letter 'a' as your text and then choose 3 - WEEE Symbol from the font dropdown.

weee2.pngweee1.png

Attached

Top Tags