cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

enhancement for recording regeneration time in trail.txt

akumar-2
1-Newbie

enhancement for recording regeneration time in trail.txt

The goal of this request is to obtain regeneration time in trail.txt to build a program (on our side) to collect all regeneration time on all Large user computer. So we need the regeneration time to be recorded in a file.

Currently we do not have any method to record the regeneration time automatically in trail.txt (or in any other text file).

There is one manyal method: config.pro named "clock" but it doesn't serve the purpose of recording in text file.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:akumar-2)

You may want to vote on your own idea.

... and also this one:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2713

Thanks, Dale

Thank you Dale!

There is a way to add a time stamp in your trail file, unfortunately I'm not sure where the command is since it is evidently not in the ribbon.

If you use the command search tool and search for 'time' you'll see under 'Commands not in the ribbon' the command 'Date and Time'.  This will add a time stamp to your trail file.  If you record a mapkey that selects this command, then regenerates your model and then selects the date and time command again, you should be able to get how long your regen takes.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi Doug, thanks a lot for the solution.

I was trying to record a mapkey yesterday. However, when I hit Regenerate button, Pro/E prompts me to enter a certain number of values to be regenerated. This number ov values I enter and the value of regeneration itself depends on the geometry of the model I am trying to regenerate while recording.

Now the question is: how can I make a generalized mapkey that will work for regeneration of any model?
Thanks a lot!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:akumar-2)

I am not a mapkey guru, but I think there is a way to get user input in the middle of a mapkey. Could you use that?

Hi Dale, thanks for your answer.
I managed to record a mapkey without having Pro/E to ask for user input. (Actually, I set the value (or new dimensions) before hitting regeneration button - this helped me to bypass the user-input window.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Top Tags