cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to create and enlarged view in an ellipse

bfriesen
16-Pearl

how to create and enlarged view in an ellipse

I have a placed jt file in a idr file. I want to create an enlarged view of a detail. Can I place an elipse over the placed file and trim it so the lines in the ellipse are still displayed?

Bryon

4 REPLIES 4

sounds like the most direct solution is the 'mask' command - draw your ellipse - select everything you want to display inside the ellipse (not the ellipse itself) - select 'mask' from the elements menu - select the ellipse with the new cursor....done

note that the lines outside the ellipse still exist; they're just not displayed - will revert to normal when 'unmask' is selected

or

can manually (permanently) trim or remove objects outside an ellipse -

fill ellipse with white and 'arrange' and 'send to back' -

'group' with lines -

place higher in layer list to display over objects on lower layer

can be moved around, cut and pasted into other drawings, etc. while preserving the integrity of any background it covers...

Thanks Anthony, this works perfectly for what I was wanting to accomplish.

"Sounds like the most direct solution is the 'mask' command - draw your ellipse - select everything you want to display inside the ellipse (not the ellipse itself) - select 'mask' from the elements menu - select the ellipse with the new cursor....done"

Hello folks,

there is no problem at all to ask questions of any kind here.

But IsoDraw is a very extensive sofware with many possibilities. Therefore, all new employees get a three-day training from external service providers to learn the basics of IsoDraw.

One problem with the "mask" command is that all elements in the ellipse still exist. When there are many masked ellipses existing IsoDraw become very slow in a graphic. That's why I cut off often protruding elements.

cara
4-Participant
(To:mbalko)

How do new users sign up for the training course?

Top Tags