cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

how to open a door at the hinges?

ptc-804648
1-Newbie

how to open a door at the hinges?

Hello all - I started 7 years ago with ProductView 6 and then version 8 and now I try to get along with CreoIllustrate.

My actual problem is: how do I move the trackball out of the middle of the selected door and adapt it on the hinge?

Or how do I define axis along the hinges to move the selected door of the filter casing?

Of course I know about the solution in using the trackball in front/top/right orientation, but I am sure, there is a smarter

function in CreoIllustrate.

An example is shown in the attached video: how to turn the safety clip in CreoIllustrate?

thx -bye

8 REPLIES 8

Peter,

When transforming (move or rotate) in Creo Illustrate you can Right-Click and choose Location to change the Coordinate System temporarily for the transformation operation.

See attached video.

Tim

Video Link : 2396

Hello Tim,

thank you very much - that was exactly what I have been looking for (*happy* now to carry on) 🙂

It would be great if video like this were available on the LearningExchange website : http://learningexchange.ptc.com/

RegineMueller
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi Vladimir,

We have addressed your request to the right contact person within PTC.

Regine

Hello Regine,

Thank you. I already asked this question a half year ago, here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/165963#166556

this video only takes me to the ptc community home page

Essentially what the video shows you is the ability to change the csys for a part.

This allows you to choose the csys of another part (for example the hinge) so that the door would rotate around the hinge.  You can also select an axis of a part if you need to be more specific.

Select CSYS.png

Use another part's csys.png

Hope that helps.

Groovy!

Top Tags