cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Using Creo View models in PowerPoint

JariElomaa
13-Aquamarine

Using Creo View models in PowerPoint

The attached document guides how to embed a Creo View control object to a PowerPoint presentation. This way you can view, rotate and use other Creo View functionalities on a 3D model in a PowerPoint presentation.

7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for this, I'm looking forward to trying it.

I have Creo Parametric 2 installed which, I believe, installs Creo View Express as well.  I'm not seeing the "PTC Creo View Control" in PPT.  Do I need to install that specific version of Creo View Express from the link you provided for this to work?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:JariElomaa)

I believe this is similar to the way that the ProductView installation worked. I haven't done it with Creo, but something to keep in mind which I think is the same:

This will only work on the machine you have performed these steps on. You can't send the file to other people an expect this to work. Technically I think if you enable this on other machines you should be able to then share the ProductView file with those machines and have it work as well. In practice with the ProductView version it threw errors even if it was enabled on other machines. It worked fairly consistently on the machine that made it, but we had no luck trying to share it.

JariElomaa
13-Aquamarine

Those are the programs and versions this guide has been tested with, but they should work with any later versions as well.

Just checking that you looked for the control from the right place. You need press this button More Controls.png "more controls" to get the whole list.

Otherwise I suggest you to check the installation of Creo View. There might be some difference in installing the Creo View separately than with Creo Parametric.

JariElomaa
13-Aquamarine

I think you're right Chris. This may not be as portable as it should be.

Maybe the purpose is just to get a great presentation to show others in the same meeting, and not sharing for others to view it on their own.

Yes, that's the button I clicked to get the list.  No "PTC Creo View Control"

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I have actually just done this, but instead of using "Creo View Control" I sued the "pview control". It worked well. If don't set the thumbnail to "True" you get the full Creo View embedded interface.

I have a good PPT with instructions, but cannot figure out how to attach it to a reply. Anybody know how to do that?

All,

I have used this through out the years. It works great. There are a couple of caveats.

You have to send the PowerPoint and Creo View file to the recipient

Make sure that the Creo View file is in the location specified in the Creo View properties dialog box

The PowerPoint has to be saved as an older version, ppt not pptx.

Let me know if you need an example.

Top Tags