cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

3D comparison - highlighting surfaces

ptc-5339136
1-Newbie

3D comparison - highlighting surfaces

Hello everybody,

I wonder if it is possible to compare two quite similar 3D models (initial model and modified model) and to highlight the surfaces of the modified one in this way :

- added volume in color 1 (example : Blue)

- deleted volume in color 2

- unchanged volume in color 3

Many thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, I don't think you can. You could create something similar though by creating an assembly of three parts. The first part is a semi-transparent green copy. And the others are merged subtractions of one copy versus the a copy of another, one colored in red and the other colored in blue. May take a little work but then you'll have something to show as opposed to just pictures.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

1. Winthin one of your parts you want to compare in Creo 2.0 go to tools -->Compare Part (down arrow) --> By Geometry.
  2. Then Navigate to your part and select it (make sure you've saved any changes prior to doing this).
  3. Then choose your measurement spacing...distances from each point that creo will evaluate the models from.
  4. Then enter your tolerance. Any deviations (added or deleted) smaller than this value will be ignored.
  5. Uncheck the "Only show changed areas" box so you get your third, unchanged color. Otherwise it will show unchanged in wireframe....which has its benefits
  6. Finally hit apply. You may have to hit apply twice if Creo adjusted the tolerance and spacing for you (based on model accuracy).

Deleted volume is red.

Added volume is blue.

Unchanged is green.

Many thanks for this detailed reply !

Do you know if it is possible to save the colored model then ?

It would be usefull for sending colored parts to some of my professional contacts (instead of screen captures).

Thank you again.

No, I don't think you can. You could create something similar though by creating an assembly of three parts. The first part is a semi-transparent green copy. And the others are merged subtractions of one copy versus the a copy of another, one colored in red and the other colored in blue. May take a little work but then you'll have something to show as opposed to just pictures.

Thank you for this alternative even if it is a bit more time consuming

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags