cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Accuracy in model tree?

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Accuracy in model tree?

Is there some way to show the model accuracy in the model tree?

3 REPLIES 3
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:mjenkins)

Most people are saying hell no but that would be a good feature, so if you are a wizard out there sitting on some secret built in parameter for that please reply!

In Reply to Michael Jenkins:

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Here is the best reply I recieved:

Itsa toolikit function.

• ProSolidAccuracyGet()you pass it the model handle, and what type of accuracy (rel/Abs) and it returns the value.

Toolkit is the licensed API, its a pro/e add-on, plus you need to be a c programmer to prgram with it. There is, however, J-link, the java based version of toolkit thats free. You might be able to have someone write that or something. I personally don't know how to write in java.

Of course the program could get complicated. The way I described it you'd get the value when you open the part. What if someone changes it the accuracy. The parameter would not update automatically. So now you need to set up a trigger on every regeneration. I do that a lot. I even have triggers set up on window activate, just in case someone did nort regenerage.

Point i'm making I guess is it is possible. PTC could give you something like mp_mass if they wanted to, if enough people asked for it. If you or someone at your site had themeans to program with j-link, it would certainly be worthwhile.The possibilities are endless what you can do.

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

This post solved what I wanted to get in an alternate method:

If you are using mechanica you can get a list in the info window for all components in an assembly using
Info > Tolerance Report

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags