cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Adding Custom Line Sytles to be used in Detailing

AmarKarthi_Aras
2-Guest

Adding Custom Line Sytles to be used in Detailing

Hi folks,

I'm in need of an urgent help.

I need to include a custom line style in Pro/ENGINEER WF 5.0, so that all the centre lines used in Detailing should use this custom line style.

I'm not sure or aware of how to create a custom line style, and also my requirement is that the line should have actual fonts of the company name which would be visible only when zoomed in as shown below..

Capture.JPG

Can some one help me out?

Amar..

5 REPLIES 5

About Line Fonts

You can create and customize the fonts used for your two-dimensional draft lines. A line font is a pattern of dashes and spaces that are proportionate within the specified length. For example, 5 dashes and 5 spaces with a pattern length of 1 inch results in two dashes and spaces for a 2-inch line in the drawing. The same pattern definition with a 1/4-inch pattern length results in 8 dashes and spaces for a 2-inch line in the drawing. You can have a maximum of 16 dash-space combinations in a line font file.

User-defined line font files, <fontname>.lsl, must reside in your local directory for you to be able to use them. When you retrieve a drawing, and Pro/ENGINEER cannot find a line font file, it displays any line that has been set with that style as solid and notifies you that it has not loaded a font file.

If you have specified auxiliary font files in the drawing setup file (this occurs automatically when you create the font when that drawing is active), it identifies the font files that it could not find.

Note:

• You can set a default length for the line font using the line_style_length
  • You can import and export IGES line font defintions using the iges_in_dwg_line_font

See Also

To Create a New Line Font

To Modify a Line Font

Deleting Line Fonts

line_style_length

iges_in_dwg_line_font

iges_out_dwg_line_font

To Create a New Line Font

You can create your own line fonts by specifying the font length and pattern.

1. Do one of the following:
  • Click Format > Line Style. The LINE STYLES menu appears. Then, choose Edit Fonts from the LINE STYLES menu.
  • Click Format > Line Font Gallery.

In either case, the Line Font Gallery dialog box opens.

1. Click New. The New Line Font dialog box opens.
  2. Type a name in the New Name box, select an existing font to copy from the Font list, or click Select Line.
  3. Specify the font length by typing the length of one unit in the Unit Length box.
  4. Specify the font pattern by typing a series of dashes and spaces ( ) in the Font Pattern box.
  5. Click OK to accept the font as currently defined.

See Also

To Modify a Line Font

Deleting Line Fonts

About Line Fonts

Based on this you MAY be able to create something in a sketch in the model, extrude it a very small bit, and import as an iges, I think. This was all I could find.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:KrisR)

Thanks Kris, I was interested in something like this a little bit ago. It seems we don't have all the linestyles loaded, and now I know what to look for (extension).

Sure thing! Glad to help!

fdio-2
6-Contributor
(To:KrisR)

hi Kris Rowlands

i have some problem about file.lsl,

after i saving drawing pro e in my directory folder its so many file.lsl

how to clean up/purging that file.lsl?

thanks

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:fdio-2)

Please list some example names of these files.

I've used the software for a very long time and never noticed an excess of .lsl files.

I have seen a build up of .lst files, which can be deleted.

Deleting .lsl files will prevent drawings which used those files from displaying properly; at least that's the way the documentation says they work. I've been disappointed with PTC on line fonts so never defined my own; Computervision was better and even included tree shapes or any shape you selected as line font patterns.That was 30 years ago.

If they are .lsl files, open a few up and see what the contents are like.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags