cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Adding an image file (.png) to windchilll for use as a decal

mkeener
1-Newbie

Adding an image file (.png) to windchilll for use as a decal

I've been able to do this under actions->new->new graphic information element. However, my purpose is to use this image as a decal in Creo, and even though I can locate the file in Windchilll cabinets it does not show up as a decal. I can get the decal to work when I browse for it on my local computer, but the image disappears every time I close the program. That's why I'd like to pull it into Windchill. Is there a better way to set up decals to be permanent across sessions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Moses,

You can try setting the config.pro option save_texture_with_model to yes; this will store the image with the model.  Otherwise set the config.pro option texture_search_path to the whole path of the texture directory; which could be located in Windchill.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Moses,

You can try setting the config.pro option save_texture_with_model to yes; this will store the image with the model.  Otherwise set the config.pro option texture_search_path to the whole path of the texture directory; which could be located in Windchill.

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks Amit. That worked!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags