cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Adding arrows to a half section.

ptc-4404610
1-Newbie

Adding arrows to a half section.

I have been able to create a half section by using the 2D cross-section>Half sectioned area but I can't seem to get a broken section line in the referance view. Will CREO not do this or am I missing something?

CREO parametric 3.0

Thanks for any help.

What I did.

1.jpg

The result.

2.png

What I am wanting.

3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4404610)

I think you want an offset cross-section and not a half section. You have to build the offset x-section in the model, ie sketch the cutting plane.

offset.jpg

Oh, also, the side view is unfolded.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Andy,

I want to bubble this to the top for you so other users can take another look. I haven't had a chance to test this but at first glance, I don't expect an option for this. You will likely need to create this manually.

Although it should be possible to meet standards, I haven't found it in Creo/WF/or Pro-E. The best we can do is manually drag the second arrow to the middle and call it good.

This is what I'd like to see the arrows do...

http://www.millwood.ednet.ns.ca/tech/ext10/drafting/sectional/img32.jpg

source: http://www.millwood.ednet.ns.ca/tech/ext10/drafting/sectional/index.htm

Andy,

I am not sure if I understood your question ...

What about this ?

offset_section.png

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I think the closest we can come to the standard is this:

half_section.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4404610)

I think you want an offset cross-section and not a half section. You have to build the offset x-section in the model, ie sketch the cutting plane.

offset.jpg

Oh, also, the side view is unfolded.

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to use the section in the model to achive the results I was looking for. It had been a while since I used the sectioning tool in the model it's self.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags