cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Adding new supplier in EMX

shaanmech
1-Newbie

Adding new supplier in EMX

Is there any way to add new supplier in the EMX supplier list? Or is there any way to create our own supplier in EMX? Can anyone help me to solve this......

9 REPLIES 9

There are three steps to add new suppliers to EMX component library:

1. There is a 'supplier.txt' file in each component folder. Use a text editor to add new suppliers.
  2. Create folder in the same component folder. The folder name needs to coincide with the text in 'supplier.txt'. The easiest way is duplicating an existing folder and rename it.
  3. Update the data in 'comp_data.txt'.

I have already tried first two steps, I cant understand the last step? By duplicating d-m-e folder, I created a new folder wherever the d-m-e exists in the component folder. I have also added that folder name in "supplier.txt" file. How to update the data in "comp_data.txt"??  

A recorded video for adding a supplier has been uploaded.

add_supplier.mp4

The content of the new supplier will exactly the same to the copied one. We will have to update the component data file to fit your requirements. A description doc for the data file is available with the link below.

Ejector comp_data explanation.doc

Thank you for your reply sir .  I tried duplicating components it worked but I want to add a new assembly in existing mold base assemblies i.e in mm/component/asm because I need only specific set of plates in the new assembly. While clicking load asm button in moldbase definition box I need that new assembly in the supplier list. Please help me to solve this  ...

Adding a new moldbase supplier is a different story. It's a bit different to component.

Take a look at this video: add_moldbase_supplier.mp4

Hello Shanmuga,

did Russel's advices help you solve your issue?

If yes, can you please mark the post with the most relevant information as "Correct Answer"?

This will help the community to see, whether the question is answered or assistance still needed.

Thanks,

Gunter

Hello Koch,

I tried the method shown in the video but I cant save the new file either overwrite it, If I type a new name and click save it is not saving in that list, but the method is useful. I cant locate the problem hence I did not replied yet

Thanks,

Shanmuga..

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:shaanmech)

Hi,

I tried once and it was a success. I can help if you can share further more details(model or dimensions).

--

Dhinesh

tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:shaanmech)

Ryan Kelley‌: Can you please move this entry to the group Expert Moldbase Extension - EMX

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags