cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Angle measurement

zli-3
4-Participant

Angle measurement

I am using the Measure tool to measure a sharpe angle between to surfaces, such as below picture shown, I thought the measurement result should be 60 degrees, but it turns out that the result is 120 degrees, I understand that the result Creo measured are from two perpendicular surfaces instead of the surfaces I measured, I can get the 60 degrees esult I want from some calculation, but it really annoying some times, especially if I need to take some picture to shown the measurement result to other people, every time I had to explain about this, I'd rather it give me a 300 degrees result, so that I can tell people that I am measuring the an obtuse angle between the two surfaces,   anyone can help on this? Thanks very much.

angle measurement.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CoreySusie
4-Participant
(To:zli-3)

Expand the analysis tool and utilize the "angle" selection to measure alternative angles using those references.  (Main, Supplement, Conjugate, Second Conjugate)

angle_measure.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CoreySusie
4-Participant

Expand the analysis tool and utilize the "angle" selection to measure alternative angles using those references.  (Main, Supplement, Conjugate, Second Conjugate)

angle_measure.png

zli-3
4-Participant
(To:CoreySusie)

Thank you Corey, it helped.  Don't know there's a "Plus" that can espand the analysis tool before.Maybe I should find another book to study it again.

CoreySusie
4-Participant

You can actually set a config.pro option to have it expanded by default measure_dialog_expand set to yes

zli-3
4-Participant
(To:CoreySusie)

Thank you again for your great help.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags