cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Assembly mirror question

mmueller-2
1-Newbie

Assembly mirror question

Hello Community,

i have to do some assembly mirrors but it don't mirror at the plane i want and there is no

possibility to select a plane. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to go to the "component create" option in the assembly. Then select your type, part or what you want to mirror. Then the sub-type option you select mirror. Type in a generic name or use the default name if you want to keep the same name as the part or assembly you are mirroring. Then clcik ok. Now under mirror type if you want the mirrored part or assembly to have the same name then select mirror placement only. Then select the part or assembly then select the planar reference. The picture below is the component create tool.

ScreenHunter_01+Apr.+09+07.20.gif

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

You have to go to the "component create" option in the assembly. Then select your type, part or what you want to mirror. Then the sub-type option you select mirror. Type in a generic name or use the default name if you want to keep the same name as the part or assembly you are mirroring. Then clcik ok. Now under mirror type if you want the mirrored part or assembly to have the same name then select mirror placement only. Then select the part or assembly then select the planar reference. The picture below is the component create tool.

ScreenHunter_01+Apr.+09+07.20.gif

Hope this helps.

Hello Mike,

this helps. Many thanks.

Just remember that when you update the orignal part, it doesn't update the mirrored part as you would expect (unless they have changed things with Creo 1.0/Creo 2.0). Becareful with mirrored parts.

Hello Dale,

do you have a better idea to create mirrored part's and assy's?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mmueller-2)

My first thought is that if they are not going to be identical, recreate them.

Here is one interesting discussion on mirrored parts/assemblies:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/197747#197747

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

If they are truely mirrored parts, typically I would in the drawing state if the part is the LH (left hand) or RH and then add a note that the other part is symmetrically opposite. I have seen these on a lot of automotive drawings. The issues comes when the parts start as symetrically opposite but then this needs to be tweeked on one part but not the other. Then what do you do?

Hi Dale,

that's what i do. I Model the right hand parts/assys and make the drawings as you say with a comment.

But the toolmaker want's the lh parts as well.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Then model them over as mentioned for the tool maker. When it come time for them to make them again I would recomment re-"mirroring" them if the revision level has changed so that you are sure that the changes have been incorporated into the mirrored part. Document the process so that those who follow know that this is what the procedure is for mirrored parts.

It's a little more work, but it's a whole lot cheaper than fixing a tool because the mirrored part didn't update correctly.

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Found this as I was looking for the answer on the same question.

Now in Creo 4.0 the mirror copy can be done in the assembly.

Component >> Mirror Component.

Then follow the details in the window.

Top Tags