cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

AutobuildZ

rwilliams-3
1-Newbie

AutobuildZ

I came across this term on the internet and am trying to learn more about it.  I am using Wildfire 5.0 and would like to activate it if possible.

6 REPLIES 6
jnelson
13-Aquamarine
(To:rwilliams-3)

CONFIG option

autobuildz_enable <yes>

I have to admit here that I am basically self taught on pro/e.  I have done very few modifications to the standard setup.  I opened pro/e went to tools, options, but am not seeing what I was expecting per above.  I am probably in the wrong place.  Can you help me further with more detail of where I need to make the change I would appreciate it.

jnelson
13-Aquamarine

I forget, but it may be a hidden config option (in fact, I'm sure of the availability in WF5)

Close your session of PRO/E

Open your CONFIG.PRO file in a text editor

Type autobuildz_enabled yes

Save and Close the CONFIG

Launch PRO/E

One method to verify is if there is a std.out in the start in directory, open it (text editor) and see if there are any messages related to autobuildz

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jnelson)

Config.pro may be in multiple locations so only modify 1 of them.

If you want the option company-wide, use the config.pro in the <PTC Loadpoint>/text folder.

If you only want the option for yourself, modify the config.pro file in the icon shortcut Start-In folder. (This folder should be on your local hard drive and not across the network or the <PTC Loadpoint>!)

If it is a hidden option, you can still add it from Tools-Options, just enter the 2 values manually.

Okay, now that I have got it loaded and enabled are there instructions anywhere?  Feature is supposed to assist in taking 2d to 3d.

jnelson
13-Aquamarine

This will get you started...

Creo Parametric Help Center

Anything further I suggest searching the Knowledge Base for AutoBuildZ, where there is a lot of information about it.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags