cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Axis not shown in drawing

abustamante
7-Bedrock

Axis not shown in drawing

Hello,

I've been drawing in Creo and I've always had the drill reference axes. However this does not happen anymore. When I select the option to display the reference axes these are not shown in the drawing. Only shown in the part. See attached images.

To see the axes I go to the Show Model Annotations - Show The Model Datums option but they do not show me the axes in the option Datum Axes, to see the axes I must select the Axes option, it was not necessary before.

Also, when I display the axes with the Axes option (mentioned above), the axes are shown very small so I should increase their size so that they are visible. See attached image.

I look forward to your kind cooperation.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:abustamante)

In a drawing, you've always had to "show" the axis. In Pro/e it was using the show/erase dialog. In Creo, you show them using the show model annotations.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question.

Hi,

First, many thanks for your contribution. 

As for the axes are very small. When I show them I have to lengthen them so that they reach the edge of the circumference of the perforation. I have noticed that this happens when the perforations are made in an assembly taking as a reference the axes already created in another piece. Because the perforations are initially made in one piece and these axes are used to create the perforations in other pieces. You can try and note that when creating holes in a piece taking as reference the axes of another piece in an assembly the axes in the drawing are shown very small and must be increased in size manually. You have a solution for the axes to show up as they always show. I emphasize that the perforations I create them from the references of other pieces in the assemblies because they are too many holes 200 or more.

ABustamante

Why is this a blog?

This should have been a topic here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/bd-p/CreoModeling

@Tmetcalf

This is happening too much. There's almost no visual reference to the user if he's creating a BLOG or a TOPIC. Also, could you move this out of the blog section and into the CreoModeling section?

Top Tags