cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Bend deductions

sglascoe
1-Newbie

Bend deductions

I have been using Pro/E for about 9 years now. I also use Solid Works as well. I work in a shop where we use bend deductions to calculate flat patterns. In Solid Works, you have the option to enter a bend deduction for any bend no matter what radius it is modeled in. In Pro/E I have to manipulate the "y" factor to get the bend deduction that I want it to come out to. That works okay but why not have the option in Pro/E to enter a bend deduction on any bend without having to change the modeled bend radius. We get Pro/E models from some of our customers and it is a pain to have to manipulate the "Y" factors and bend radius to get it to come out to what we need. It just would be nice if Pro/E had a bend deduction option.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Steven, You can adjust the bend formula for each feature with a bend right inside the Dashboard for that feature. Or, you could always Edit the dev length on the screen. Good luck, Joel

Thanks Joel!! I know you can do that but that isn't the same as assigning a bend deduction. In SolidWorks, no matter what size bend radius the model has, you can assign a bend deduction for all bends or for individual bends and you don't have to change anything in the model. That is very usefull when we get models from our customers and they have inconsistant bend radii, we wouldn't have to change anything on their model to get it to turn out a correct flat for our shop.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags